What I'm Wearing:
Scarf-The Scarf Shop // Leather Jacket-Tobi // White top-Free People // Boyfriend Jeans- Bullhead (Pacsun) // Socks-H&M
Happy New Year All!
SO I know I'm a few days late on this, but everyone's talking about the New Year and what they're hoping to get out of it and all they're excited for. I'm finding myself starting off this new year simply hoping to find ways to feel more okay with who I am. I've decided to do something more vulnerable than usual and share with you all what I truly hope to get out of this upcoming year:
- I want to judge others less and hopefully in doing so, I will learn to be less judgmental towards myself.
- I want to take steps every day towards the forward movement of my jewelry and fashion business.
- I want to work hard but to be sure to pause and take days for myself where I'm just breathing in the moment feeling so grateful for my all that I have.
- I would like to feel confident when I choose to say no to someone- confident in my decision and confident in the fact that I'm choosing what's best for me even if other people don't like it.
- I want to be gentle with myself and allow myself to leave situations that are no longer serving me for the better.
- I want more days spent with my dog at the beach, on walks, hiking, exploring- I want to spend more time with her doing things that make her happy!
- I want to really work on being more open to love- giving love and receiving love
- I want to travel more, go on road trips, let go of having a "homebase"
This isn't all of my new years resolutions, but it's a good handful of them. I'm truly excited for a year of forward progression, work, love, and happiness. To be perfectly honest though I have this feeling somewhere in me like this year is going to be big- big in ways I can't even imagine right now. And who knows, that could just be a feeling, but, either way, it has me sitting on the edge of my seat anxiously anticipating what's to come, and hopefully it's all pretty beautiful like I've always wished for.
The weather's finally getting colder here in Santa Barbara after months and months of me talking about the heat, heat, heat. Annnnnndd oh my gosh it's so SO cold! I'm finding myself layering up with three jackets, a coat, some kind of hat, and almost ALWAYS, this beautiful silk/cashmere scarf each and every time I step out the door. The Scarf Shop sent me this scarf a while ago, and I have owed them a look for some time (don't you worry because you're going to see so many outfits to come with this lovely scarf!) I'm so in love with this scarf and I can't emphasize enough just how amazingly well it has merged with my wardrobe. Besides the fact that I get compliments on it all the time, it keeps me so warm and cozy! So thank you to the wonderful people over at the scarf shop who are creating and designing such beautiful pieces of clothing; my scarf is being well loved!
Love, love, love,
Photography by Ash Robinson
Photoshop/Post Processing by Chelsea Dennis